Reliability Enhanced HMMWVs
The Reliability Enhanced HMMWV takes the HMMWV to the next level in performance and reliability. These vehicles have been specifically designed to withstand the harsh environment of South West Asia under increased payload demands. Under development for the past 18 months (from mid-2006) and incorporating actual feedback from the battlefield, Reliability Enhanced HMMWVs are now in full production. These improvements are specific to the M1151, M1152 and M1165 model HMMWVs and have completed full durability testing by the U.S. Government. Actual test results have shown a dramatic improvement in reliability and durability and have validated the effectiveness of a new air-conditioning system that allows the warfighter to focus on the mission and not the environment.
- Geared Fan Drive (angled fan) **
- New Cool Pack & Shroud **
- Rear Differential Cooler
- New Power-Steering Pump
- New Shock Absorbers **
- New A-Arm Bushings **
- New 3-Piece Frame Rails and Crossmembers **
- Increased Capacity Service Brake with Quick Pad Removal **
- Re-designed Reduced Effort Steering Geometry and Linkage **
- New 24 Bolt Wheels with Increased Load Rating **
- Re-Engineered Geared Hub Assembly **
- New Dedicated Parking Brake **
- Re-Engineered Airlift Brackets **
**items shown in yellow.