PERFORMANCE AND PROTECTION
The M1167 is an Expanded Capacity TOW or Armament Carrier HMMWV. The M1167 provides superior protection for crew, weapons components and ammunition. Along with the TOW missile launcher, the M1167 provides for the ring-mounting and firing of various weapons systems with a 360-degree arc of fire. The M1167 is able to stow a minimum of six missiles mounted in the cargo area and is available with a Manual Traversing Unit and a TOW Gunners Protection Kit.
- Designed for use in all weather conditions
- Built for all types of roads and cross-country terrains
- Payload of up to 1,850 lbs.
- Air transportable and droppable, and can be sling-loaded via helicopter
- Two available armor kits:
- “A” kit, which can be factory installed
- Optional “B” kit, which provides gapless mine and ballistic protection when combined with the “A” kit
- Additional armor and fragmentation kits are field installable and removable to provide flexibility for missions that do not require heavy protection
- Equipped with an air-conditioning system to provide optimal crew comfort and increased mission readiness