PERFORMANCE and PROTECTION
The M1165 is an Expanded Capacity Command and Control or General Purpose HMMWV. It is a four-person vehicle, which can be used for a variety of missions—from command and control to armed patrol—and is available with an optional Weapons Mount and Turret. It is also produced as a customized model for special operations.
- Designed for use in all weather conditions
- Built for all types of roads and cross-country terrains
- Payload ranges from 2,230 to 4,950 lbs. based on armor configuration and fragmentation kit.
- Air transportable and droppable, and can be sling-loaded via helicopter
- Two available armor kits:
- “A” kit, which can be factory installed
- Optional “B” kit, which provides gapless mine and ballistic protection when combined with the “A” kit
- Additional armor and fragmentation kits are field installable and removable to provide flexibility for missions that do not require heavy protection
- Equipped with an air-conditioning system to provide optimal crew comfort and increased mission readiness